Since 2005, we have led the effort to protect pedestrians and bicyclists on their way to their destinations. We have been at the forefront of nearly every infrastructure development in Baton Rouge.
Bike Baton Rouge (B.R.A.S.S.) is a member-based organization that strives to make bicycling and walking in our city and its surrounding areas safer, easier, and more enjoyable through advocacy, education, and action.
Promoting walking and bicycling as transportation options
Making alternative transportation as safe, convenient, and enjoyable as possible
Highlighting the associated environmental, economic, and health benefits
What We've Achieved
- 30 Live @ 5 bike parking tents hosted
- 20 businesses becoming bike- friendly
- 71 bike racks across the city
- 150 bike gatherings to discuss events and enjoy pedaling
- 400+ bike lights donated
WHAT We can achieve with your help
- More bicycle racks for local businesses
- Safer streets through awareness campaigns throughout the city
- More pedestrian and bicycling infrastructure connecting major segments of the city